Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > class action lawsuit
class action lawsuit

6483 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-06 22:47:03

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    shannonlance35
    2017-01-03 18:44:07
    Will everyone get with me on this.I am starting a class action law suit.
    Autel has lied and taken everyones money that has bought the 908p.
    I have lost all my data and icons.and a screen pops up update when u login.
    I paid over $4k for this scanner.there is n reason for this.they said we have to updte for $1500.that's bs they found a way to wipe out everyones data.and want us to to get it back.a new 908p is $1800.so get back with me I'm moving foward on this thanks shannon

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-01-04 04:19:13 (Reply to:shannonlance35)

Hey, I don't think everybody experienced the same problem with their 908P after their update periods had expired. You need to cross all your Xs ad Ts and document everything that had happened and have to get enough people that would have had to experienced the same exact problem after their tools update periods were over, and the tools  automatically connected to Autel's site and prove Culpability for something malicious occuring that renders other's out of date software and or the hardware of the unit unuseable.
      Provide for all readers  a contact e-mail address and phone # of the Law firm building this case for you , and when the law firm has a list of hundreds of  908 owners with same problem with the email addresses and serial #s of their unit then you have the makings of building a case where Autel might bend and give the owners of these tablets a free week to update to make the problem go away before it gets more expensive and further damages public perception of their company.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    shannonlance35
    2017-01-04 12:50:49 (Reply to:witsend)
    Thanks I told them what was going on.they said they would handle every thing.
    Thank you

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    tysshop

2017-02-22 17:08:13 (Reply to:shannonlance35)

Hi, how far have you gotten on this problem?  i have a 908p i have been staring at for almost a year.  it gave me the "software not authorized" i was out of my update period, and i accidently deleted my sd card.  they wont do anything for me.  dont want any new updates, just the software i originally purchased.  

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-01 04:18:15

I think is way cheaper to buy an update  sub  than it is to hire a lawyer. learn from your mistakes people and back up, back up, back up. every time  there is an update back up your tool before you take an update even back up in between updates even for the heck of it, cant stress it enough. I lost a couple of them by not backing up. kept a few by backing up multiple times. its to autel's interest not to provide any means to back up our tools so we must remind  our self to do it as frequently as possible. one more time BACK UP.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2017-03-04 01:10:56 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Is the scan folder the only folder you back up/copy and paste

What about the Maxisys app/apk ,you find it and save it and where is it

Is your tablet connected to pc and transfer in usb storage mode with or without usb debugging on,

or what? external usb

I have been lucky enough to have no real problems software or hardware and updated to vary end of sub 8/16

I don't want to play with my tool till there is a problem and yes I have backups

Does a 908P tablet reset get ride of maxisys app

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-04 02:18:44 (Reply to:Jim)

I will recommend to back up the whole thing, the entire 25 or more gb  for the first  time back up, then the scan folder right before taking vehicle update, if there is an operating system update then back up the entire tool again before doing an upgrade. something else I highly recommend is not to be doing so many  updates, unless its a known upgrade or bug fix that you really need and has been tested. if your system is working correctly why mess with it.  yes connect it to windows pc and copy and paste the whole thing. do not do the reset / back up restore if not under subscription , it will wipe out the whole thing.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-05 02:22:06 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

That's good advice

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2017-03-06 22:47:03 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I can only see the internal sd card that contains the scan folder, not the actual android portion of the drive that has

the operating system

I used to see it before the  lawsuit and new system update and was labeled as E: viewing from pc,

but now can only see the internal sd card with scan folder and some other files

Is this correct and what about usb debugging, you have it enabled or not

Thanks in advance

Total1 Pages